You may now use the 16-digit activation code provided on your Notice to enroll in Financial Shield Services. Per the terms of the Settlement Agreement, all Settlement Class Members are eligible to enroll in Financial Shield Services for a period of three (3) years from the effective date of Settlement without the need to submit a settlement claim. Settlement Class Members are able to enroll at any point for the duration of the contract (meaning that a Class Member could, for example, enroll at the end of year 1 and obtain coverage for years 2 and 3).
Please visit the following website to enter your activation code: https://app.financialshield.com/enrollment/activate/nvst
If your private information was maintained on Navistar Inc.'s computer systems and/or network that was compromised in the Data Incident first announced by Navistar on or around June 7, 2021, you may be eligible for benefits from a data incident class action settlement.
- A settlement (the “Settlement”) has been proposed with Navistar, Inc. (“Navistar” or “Defendant”) in lawsuits asserting claims against Defendant relating to a data security incident first announced by Navistar on or around June 7, 2021 arising from a third-party a cyberattack on certain computer systems that maintain personally identifiable information for current and former employees and dependents of current and former employees of Navistar (the “Data Incident”). Defendant denies all of the claims. The Settlement does not establish who is correct and is not an admission of fault, but rather is a compromise to end the lawsuit.
- The Settlement includes all Persons whose Private Information (as defined in the Settlement Agreement was maintained on Defendant Navistar's computer systems and/or network that was compromised in the Data Incident (the “Settlement Class”).
- The Settlement makes Settlement Class Members who submit valid Claims eligible to receive cash payment for certain documented unreimbursed out-of-pocket expenses and time spent that resulted from the Data Incident.
- The Settlement also provides Settlement Class Members with free identity theft protection services for a period of three (3) years from the effective date of Settlement.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT|
Submit a Claim
|This is the only way to get monetary benefits under this Settlement in addition to the free credit identity theft protection services available to all Settlement Class Members who do not exclude themselves. If you wish only to secure the free credit identity theft protection services, you are not required to do anything. A link with a redeemable code to secure those services is provided below.|
Ask to be Excluded
|Get no benefits. This is the only option that allows you to bring your own lawsuit against Defendant related to the Data Incident.|
|Write to the Court about why you do not think the Settlement is fair, reasonable, or adequate.|
Go to the Hearing
|Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the Settlement.|
|Do Nothing Get no monetary benefits from the Settlement but you still may enroll in the free three-year identity theft protection services. Give up rights to submit a Clam Form for monetary benefits or to bring a different lawsuit against Defendant related to the Data Incident.|
- These rights and options — and the deadlines to exercise them — are explained in the notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. No cash payments will be made until after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and all appeals, if any, are resolved.